Freekeh Oat Breakfast Bars
Tip: Try substituting walnuts, raisins and cacao nibs for dried fruit, seeds and nuts to mix it up
- 100g Ancient Bakes Freekeh Flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tsp cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Grease and line a square baking tin.
- Mix oatmeal, freekeh flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, vanilla, mashed banana and Greek yogurt.
- Gently pour the wet ingredient mixture into oatmeal mixture and stir until combined. Mix in the raisins, cacao nibs and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown.